Very busy today (and getting busier!), so I can’t blog today…hopefully I can get some interesting writing in tonight…but these are worth a read:
- Scott Sumner on the News in 1929.
- Tyler Cowen on Health Insurance.
- US Wrongheadedness On Chinese Monetary Policy…My Comments.
- You Should Always Read Nick Rowe on Monetary Policy…Always.
- Bill Woolsey: Monetary Policy Should Target Nominal Income.
- “Brain Drain” is a Always and Everywhere a Red Herring.
- David Beckworth on Deficits.
Quote of the Day: “The [Fed’s] exit strategy was implemented on October 8, 2008.” -Scott Sumner
P.S. For those who don’t know, October 8, 2008 is when the Fed began paying interest on excess reserves.