I wish I had all kinds of time to touch on all of these issues! What a blessing is the division of labor!
- I hate to rub it in, but…
Fearing that health insurance premiums may shoot up in the next few years, Senate Democrats laid a foundation on Tuesday for federal regulation of rates, four weeks after President Obama signed a law intended to rein in soaring health costs. (NYT P.A12)
- Ezra Klein interviews Ted Kaufman about
his idiocy the Safe Banking Acthis idiocy.
- Arnold Kling is a bear on the future of US public finance.
- Small populations are easy to handle. Scaling? Very difficult.
- The ashes of globalization.
- To continue the pun, cashing in.
- Must read regarding the Goldman issue.
- Apparently I’m not very original, and in the grand book of coincidences, there is a hockey player named Nicklas Backstrom who is covered on that blog fairly frequently. My narcissism has been dashed.
— — — —
Reader poll: Karl Smith paged me. Should I respond?